In this quarter page ad to appear in the Australian tomorrow Professor Julio Licinio, Director of The John Curtin School of Medical Research, ANU,Â comments on proposed funding cuts for medical research in Australia.
Preview the advertisementÂ here.
Remember to voice your objections by doing the following:
1. Vote for theÂ ‘protect funding for medical research in Australia‘Â campaignÂ idea on Get Up! Note the vote button in top left hand corner.
2. SignÂ Research Australia’sÂ i-Petition to protect medical research funding.
3. Support the WEHI’sÂ “Discoveries needs Dollars” campaign.
4. Send a hard copy letter directlyÂ to any of the following individuals:
- Prime Minister of Australia, The Hon. Julia Gillard MP
- Minister for Health and Ageing, The Hon. Nicola Roxon MP
- Minister for Mental Health and Ageing, with responsibility for the NHMRC, The Hon. Mark Butler MP
- Treasurer, The Hon. Wayne Swan MP
- Minister for Finance and Deregulation, Senator The Hon. Penny Wong
- Local MP