Register for the 2023 ASP Annual Conference in Darwin, Northern Territory from Tuesday 5 – Friday 8 September 2023 at DoubleTree by Hilton Esplanade Darwin.
Register online https://www.conftool.org/parasitology2023/
Join us face-to-face at the 2023 ASP Conference to discuss the latest research and state-of-the-art technologies in parasitology with our outstanding mix of quality international and Australian scientists. The 2023 ASP conference will open on the evening of Tuesday 5th September 2023, 5pm with a Welcome Reception at Char Restaurant, Darwin. The main conference will take place from Wednesday 6th – Friday 8th September 2023 at DoubleTree by Hilton Darwin Esplanade Hotel and the Conference dinner will take place on the last evening of the program, Friday 8th September 2023 at Hanumans, Darwin. Early Career Researchers are invited to a breakfast event on the first morning, Wednesday 6th September 2023. The 2023 ASP AGM is scheduled to take place Wednesday 6th September 530pm at the conference.
The program will cover all parasitology themes from Veterinary Parasitology to Human Parasitology, with Malaria, Strongyloides, Bioinformatics, Microscopy, Livestock and Wildlife Parasitology and a One Health focus. Delegates will be able to attend the following workshops held during the conference:
- 6th September 2023 One Health workshop “A deep dive into One Health approaches and practices in parasitology”, dedicated to the late Prof Don McManus.
- 8th September 2023 Strongyloides Australia workshop
- Bioinformatics workshop – are you interested in joining this workshop that will include an introduction to bioinformatics and practice with data? Please complete this user survey.
- Professor Banchob Sripa, (Tropical Disease Research Center, Khon Kaen University, Thailand) Elsevier One Health Workshop Plenary Lecturer
- Professor Colleen Lau, (School of Public Health, The University of Queensland) Elsevier One Health Workshop Plenary Lecturer
- Dr Wendy Page (Strongyloides Australia and 2021 Northern Territory Australian of the Year) Strongyloides Workshop Plenary Lecturer
- Associate Professor Matthew Grigg (Menzies School of Health Research, NT) IJP Invited lecturer
- Dr Rintis Noviyanti, (Eijkman Institute for Molecular Biology in Jakarta, Indonesia & BRIN)
- Professor Tomáš Scholz (Institute of Parasitology, Biology Centre of the Czech Academy of Sciences, Czech Republic) IJP:PAW Invited Lecturer
- Associate Professor Melanie Rug (Australian National University)
- Professor Jacquin C. Niles, (MIT Center for Environmental Health Sciences, MIT Department of Biological Engineering, U.S.A.) IJP:DDR Invited Lecturer
- Professor Zeno Bisoffi (IRCCS Ospedale Sacro Cuore Don Calabria, Italy) Strongyloides Workshop Plenary Lecturer
- Professor Ala Tabor (QAAFI, University of Queensland) Livestock Parasitology Invited Speaker sponsored by Virbac
- Professor Alexander Maier (Australian National University)
- Associate Professor Sarah Auburn (Menzies School of Health Research)
- Associate Professor Kamala Ley-Thriemer (Menzies School of Health Research)
- Dr Rachel Korman Invited Speaker sponsored by Vetoquinol
- Prof Rebecca Traub Invited Speaker sponsored by Elanco
- The 2023 Bancroft-Mackerras Medal for Excellence Winner
Parents or carers with children will be able to watch and listen to the conference presentations live online during the conference in a room separate from the lecture theatres.
A multi-faith prayer room will be available during the conference.
If delegates are unable to attend due to COVID19 or something else that stops them from being able to attend in-person we will be able to offer delegates virtual attendance options with all sessions live-streamed.
Please book your travel and accommodation for Darwin early so that you get the best travel deals check out the accommodation section on the conference website for details https://www.parasite.org.au/aspconference/advice/accommodation/
The policy on gender equality is on the Conference website https://www.parasite.org.au/aspconference/advice/policy/
To be eligible for a 2023 ASP Student Conference Travel Grant you must have a valid ASP Student membership by 6 June 2023 and meet all of the other criteria. Please apply for the ASP Student Conference Travel Grant online through your 2023 ASP Conference registration.
For social media posts please use #2023ASP
We would like to acknowledge the generous support of our 2023 ASP conference sponsors, thanks to Elsevier Parasitology and the International Journal for Parasitology (IJP), IJP DDR and IJP PAW, Virbac, Vetoquinol, Elanco and New England Biolabs.