Seasons Greetings from the ASP. Download the ASP newsletter December 2022 Vol 33.2 for all the latest news in parasitology. In this newsletter:
- 2023 ASP Annual Conference will take place 5-8 September, DoubleTree by Hilton Esplanade, Darwin NT
- Vale Don McManus
- Vale Robin Overstreet
- Photos and report from the #2022ASP Conference 4-7 July in Cairns, Queensland
- Celebrating our recent ASP Fellows, BMM award winners and Sprent Prize winner.
- 2022 Australian Society for Parasitology AGM
- Meet the newly elected ASP State representatives
- ASP State News in WA where Charlotte Oskam is 2022 WA Young Tall Poppy, Vic where Alan Cowman was awarded the CSL Florey Medal, Tassie where Scott Carver was awarded Barry L. Munday
Recognition Award for wildlife health and see photos from your ASP members event, meet your ASP 2023 Conference committee, and find out more news from ACT, SA and NSW.
- Find out how you can use our ASP “Crafty Parasites” outreach resources, first one featuring malaria parasites and see other wonderful Outreach activities for National Science Week in ACT (featured on the front cover), WA and QLD.
- Congratulations to our ASP Travel Award winners, and to the ASP members who were successful in the recent round of ARC and NHMRC grants.
- Travel Award Reports from Mic Smout (JCU), Hong You (QIMR Berghofer) and Swapnil Tichkule (WEHI) the next deadline for ASP Travel Awards / JD Smyth Postgraduate Travel Award is 31 March 2023
- All the news and awesome publications from our three journals, IJP, IJP:PAW and IJP:DDR with interviews with Rachael Gray, Jan Slapeta and Rose Power from University of Sydney and some beautiful images of sea lion pups!
- Herminthology profiles of ASP members Patsy Zendejas-Heredia, Ala Tabor and Jane Lamb.
- News from the STA, MAM2024, the next tri-state meeting for ASM (also in Darwin right after the ASP conference, so handy!), Dr. Klaus Rohde, Distinguished Fellow IBS, Marshall Lightowlers in Chile and much, much more!
Download the newsletter online.